Cook like in ancient Rome
The tour in short
Join our fun and interactive cooking workshop and learn how to cook like a true Roman. Our partner Elisabeth Monamy will take you back in time and introduce you to the unique menus and culinary secrets of ancient Rome.
- Couples ticket
- Family ticket 2 adults and 2 children)
Cooking workshop description:
Have you ever wondered what was eaten in the Roman Empire? What was their favourite food? How did they cook and prepare their meals? To answer these questions, we have to learn to cook like Romans. Together with our partner Elisabeth Monamy, archaeologist and founder of Archeomuse, we invite you to an entertaining, delicious and educational evening where you will learn to cook ancient dishes.
In this unique cooking workshop we will work with authentic ingredients and tools and produce food like the Romans. While you cook with your family or friends, you will receive explanations and historical background knowledge from Elisabeth about food in ancient times, archaeological findings and other interesting anecdotes that will open your eyes to this rich and surprisingly progressive culture.
Your work will of course pay off and you will be able to eat what you cooked in a fun and friendly atmosphere. What could be better than an authentic Roman dinner with your loved ones?
The price of this experience includes both the workshop itself and the ingredients. The maximum number of participants is 20 people. This experience is of course also available as a private family and friends event or as a team-building activity and can be booked on our website.
- Cook like a true Roman
- Enjoy a fun activity with your family, friends or colleagues
- Eat delicious dishes based on archeological findings
- Learn more about the history, culture and cuisine of ancient Rome
Why this experience?
Instead of another regular dinner, join us and enjoy an authentic culinary experience. Combine cooking with history, learn about ancient cultures and enjoy their rich cuisine. This experience is a great way to meet new people and connect with your own loved ones.
Wichtig zu wissen:
- Experience Availability: Please check the schedule on the right side of the screen to see the availability of the cooking workshop.
- Duration: The cooking workshop lasts approximately 4 hours
- Instructor: You are in good hands! Your instructor will be Elisabeth Monamy, an archeologist and the founder of Archeomuse.
- Children: This experience is children friendly (with adult supervision). Naturally we recommend the cooking workshop more for adults to truly get the most out of it.
- What to wear: The workshop will take place indoors, so just put on your most comfortable clothes. If you feel more connected to the experience, you are invited to come dressed like a Roman 🙂
Terms and conditions:
Minimum number of participants: The cooking workshop takes place if at least 6 people are registered. In case there aren’t enough participants, we will get in touch to offer you an alternative.
Cancellation policy: You can cancel your booking up to 72 hours in advance. No refund will be given to those who cancel less than 72 hours before the tour. You will be eligible to receive credit and use it for any other Secret Vienna tour or experience. Certain exceptions apply such as emergency situations.
Allergies and nutritional issues: If you suffer from allergies, please inform us in advance. If we are not notified of such allergies or other food problems, we are not responsible for the problems caused. We try to cater for all people, including vegetarians. Therefore, some of the meals will be vegetarian, while some dishes will contain meat.
Pictures and videos: Please be aware that photos and videos may be taken during the experience. If you don’t want to appear in any Secret Vienna promotional pictures, please let us know by sending us a message.
Copyright: The contents of the cooking workshop are the result of the hard work of our partner Elisabeth Monamy from Archeomuse. The recording of the experience should always be done with her permission.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our cooking workshop soon!