The tour in short
Would you like to hear about the amazing change of a district from once “shady” to now “trendy”? Then come with us to the fascinating walk around the Naschmarkt! Secrets, stories and tasty food is all waiting for you in this exciting tour!
The Evolution Of Naschmarkt Tour Details
Stroll with us through this unique Viennese neighbourhood and explore its transformation from shady to trendy!
Our licensed tourist guides will tell you fascinating stories about the “Lahmgruabn”, one of the deepest suburbs of Vienna. You will get to explore various lesser known places, some of Vienna’s best art and coffee house scenes as well as elegant art nouveau buildings. Our walk will lead us into the Naschmarkt where we will dive into the sensual world of smells and fragrances, into oriental, southern and Viennese flairs.
Join us and go on a culinary journey – sweet to spicy tastings included! And of course, as a must have – a glass of cool Viennese wine.
We are looking forward to showing you a secret part of Vienna, full with life, beauty and contrasts.
Why this tour?
Instead of taking an ordinary sightseeing tour in the first district, dig a bit deeper to explore the evolution and transformation of an authentic Viennese neighbourhood. The stories you will hear, sites you will see and food you will taste will enrich your visit in Vienna and show our city in a different light.
- Tour time: Please check the schedule on the right side of the screen to see the tour’s availability.
- Duration: The tour lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Guide: One of our awesome guides is looking forward to meeting you. See our full guiding team HERE!
- Children: This tour is excellent for children who love stories, secrets and history.
- Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- What to wear: Comfortable shoes! Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to make sure you are dressed properly.
- Allergies: In case there’s food you cannot eat, you are obligated to notify us in advance so that we can try to accommodate your needs. Secret Vienna takes no responsibility if no such notice was given to us in advance.
Minimum number of participants: The tour takes place if at least 10 people are registered. In case there aren’t enough participants, the tour will get cancelled and a full refund will be issued to those who paid.
Cancellation policy: You can cancel your booking up to 72 hours in advance. No refund will be given to those who cancel less than 72 hours before the tour though you can receive credit to be used at a later date. Certain exceptions apply such as emergency situations.
Pictures and videos: Please be aware that photos and videos may be taken during the tour. If you don’t want to appear in any Secret Vienna promotional pictures, please let us know by sending us a message.
Copyrights: The content of the tour is the result of the hard work done by our team of licensed guides. Recording the tour or taking pictures of artifacts and material used by the guide is strictly forbidden.
Do you have more questions?
Check our FAQ’s and find an answer to your question HERE!