Join us for an exciting evening canoe tour at the Old Danube. Explore this wonderful natural area as the sun sets and enjoy the beautiful views of the Danube tower and Danube city. End the…
The tour in short
Join us for a relaxing and romantic evening canoe tour in the Old Danube. Explore the wonderful nature area at sunset and be guided by the lanterns’ light.
- Private Tour (1 canoe, max 4 participants)
- Private Tour (max 10 participants)
- Private Tour (max 19 participants)
Our lantern tour offers you the possibility to escape everyday’s routine life for a few hours and enjoy a relaxing and romantic evening with your family and friends in the old Danube.
Our tour will begin in the early evening, when there’s still daylight, right from our meeting point in the upper Old Danube From there, we will head south and explore the beautiful natural area. In the middle of the tour, we will have a small break for you to relax, drink or have a bite to snack. On our way back to the starting point of our tour, we will light the lanterns on our canoes and enjoy the skyline of the small Viennese Manhattan- the Donaucity.
- The old Danube’s beauty in the evening
- Danube Tower and other important sites along the old Danube
- Kaiserwasser and its beautiful natural environment
- The magnificent skyline view of the Danube City
And much much more!
* The spots on the tour depend on the energy and ability of the group. We will always adjust the tour to the group to ensure your enjoyment.
Why this tour?
After exploring Vienna’s main sites and enjoying its many treasures, it’s time for an outdoors experience. Spend your evening rowing along the old Danube with your loved one and enjoy amazing views, a natural environment and a romantic atmosphere.
- Tour availability: Please check the schedule on the right side of the screen to see the tour’s availability.
- Duration: The tour lasts approximately 3 hours.
- Guide: Your group leader will be Stephan from Kreatour. He is highly experienced and will ensure your satisfaction.
- What to bring: Make sure to bring water with you. Each canoe has a 60kg waterproof bag to safely store your phone, food, and anything else you want to keep dry.
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes and shoes! In summer, please bring a hat. Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to make sure you are dressed properly.
Minimum number of participants: The tour takes place if at least 10 people are registered. In case there aren’t enough participants, we will get in touch to offer you an alternative.
Cancellation policy: You can cancel your booking up to 72 hours in advance. No refund will be given to those who cancel less than 72 hours before the tour. You will be eligible to receive credit and use it for any other Secret Vienna tour or experience. Certain exceptions apply such as emergency situations.
Safety rules: Each participant will be asked at the beginning of the tour to sign a waiver. Stephan will provide you with instructions as well as a vest and for that you will be asked to provide your height and weight during the registration process. Please contact us if you have any further questions in this regard.
Pictures and videos: Please be aware that photos and videos may be taken during the tour. If you don’t want to appear in any Secret Vienna promotional pictures, please let us know by sending us a message.
Copyrights: The content of the tour is the result of the hard work done by Stephan and the rest of the team. Recording the tour or taking pictures of artefacts and material used by the guide is strictly forbidden.
Do you have more questions?
Check our FAQ’s and find an answer to your question or send us your specific question via the form. Both the FAQ’s and the form you can find under the following link: