Join us for a relaxing and romantic evening canoe tour in the Old Danube. Explore the wonderful nature area at sunset and be guided by the lanterns’ light.
The tour in short
Join us as we take you on a journey along the old Danube to explore this wonderful natural area and its historical significance. In high quality canoe boats and with the guidance of Stephan, our partner from Kreatour, you will get to experience the old Danube in an unforgettable way
- Private Tour (1 canoe, max 4 participants)
- Private Tour (max 10 participants)
- Private Tour (max 19 participants)
The old Danube is one of Vienna’s most beautiful treasures! every year, this natural area attracts thousands of visitors, both locals and tourists who come to relax, swim or explore the area by boats. Beside being an attractive recreation area, the old Danube is of great historical significance. The development of this former branch of the Danube river has brought with it great changes to Vienna’s society and culture.
Join us as we take you on a journey along the old Danube to explore this wonderful natural area and its historical significance. In high quality canoe boats and with the guidance of Stephan, our partner from Kreatour, you will get to experience the old Danube in an unforgettable way. This experience is perfect for couples, small groups and families who want to enjoy a day outdoors and combine sports with history. Your guide Stephan, is highly experienced and knows the area like the palm of his hand. Throughout the experience, he will ensure your satisfaction as well as safety.
Please note- the canoe tour will include an approximately one hour break in a natural area for you to eat, swim and simply relax. Your group leader Stephan is spontaneous and will do everything to adjust the tour to the group.
The price of the tour includes the tour itself and the payment for the canoe. Each canoe has room for 4 people so you might it with others. This is a great opportunity to meet new people with whom you can share a fun experience.
We are looking forward to an exciting adventure with you in the old Danube.
- Old Danube
- Danube Tower
- View of Danube City
- The lower Old Danube*
- Gänsehäufel Island*
And much much more!
* The spots on the tour depend on the energy and ability of the group. We will always adjust the tour to the group to ensure your enjoyment.
Why this tour?
After exploring Vienna’s main sites and enjoying its many treasures, it’s time for an outdoors experience. Whether you are a couple, a family or group of friends, this is the perfect way to combine nature, sports and history.
- Tour availability: Please check the schedule on the right side of the screen to see the tour’s availability.
- Duration: The tour lasts approximately 6 hours.
- Guide: Your group leader will be Stephan from Kreatour. He is highly experienced and will ensure your satisfaction.
- Children: In general, children above the age of 5 can join the tour. However, this tour focuses on history and culture and is therefore better for adults. Parents must accompany their children and are responsible for their children during the tour.
- What to bring: Make sure to bring water and food as no food will be provided during the tour. Each canoe has a 60kg waterproof bag to safely store your phone, food, and anything else you want to keep dry.
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes and shoes! In summer, please bring a hat. Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to make sure you are dressed properly.
Minimum number of participants: The tour takes place if at least 10 people are registered. In case there aren’t enough participants, we will get in touch to offer you an alternative.
Cancellation policy: You can cancel your booking up to 72 hours in advance. No refund will be given to those who cancel less than 72 hours before the tour. You will be eligible to receive credit and use it for any other Secret Vienna tour or experience. Certain exceptions apply such as emergency situations.
Safety rules: Each participant will be asked at the beginning of the tour to sign a waiver. Stephan will provide you with instructions as well as a vest and for that you will be asked to provide your height and weight during the registration process. Please contact us if you have any further questions in this regard.
Pictures and videos: Please be aware that photos and videos may be taken during the tour. If you don’t want to appear in any Secret Vienna promotional pictures, please let us know by sending us a message.
Copyrights: The content of the tour is the result of the hard work done by Stephan and the rest of the team. Recording the tour or taking pictures of artifacts and material used by the guide is strictly forbidden.
Do you have more questions?
Check our FAQ’s and find an answer to your question or send us your specific question via the form. Both the FAQ’s and the form you can find under the following link: