This fun bike tour around Salzburg combines adventure and history all in one. Discover easily the historic city center and the surrounding areas!
The tour in short
• Tour time: Monday – Sunday: 10am or 2pm (5pm tours on request)
• Cost: 260€ for a small group (up to 10 participants) or 320€ for a large group of up to 30 participants. The price doesn’t include VAT or entrance fees.
• Guide: One of our experienced guides is looking forward to meeting you.
• Children: This tour is good for children over 5 years who love music and history
• Accessibility: This tour is wheelchair accessible.
• What to wear: Comfortable shoes! Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to
make sure you are dressed properly.
- Private Group (Up to 10 People)
- Private Group (Up to 30 People)
The Best Cultural Highlights of Salzburg
Great for your first visit to Salzburg: Austria is a land of history, culture and culinary highlights and nowhere is this more apparent than in the city of Salzburg. With Salzburg Experience, friendly, certified and knowledgeable guides will share with you favorite sights and secret stories that help you to learn more about Salzburg’s lifestyle.
Enjoy a breathtaking view from the Mirabell Garden to the Fortress Hohensalzburg, admire the colorful flowers by walking through the garden and passing the 4-element fountain. If you wonder why all this looks familiar than you probably saw the van Trapp children sing the do-re-mi- song while dancing through the Mirabell Garden.
One of Austria’s most famous sons, Mozart, was born in Salzburg. Visit his birthplace and learn about his family, his life and his career. Do not forget to eat the most famous Mozart chocolate afterwards. Our guides will tell you the secret of the most famous recipe.
The stroll through the shopping street Getreidegasse will lead to the Salzburg Dom. Find out why Salzburg became “Rome of the North” and have a look into this magnificent 17th century cathedral. Nearby discover the St. Peter’s cemetery and the benedict abbey, enjoy a view to the fortress Hohensalzburg and pass the Salzburg Festival Hall on the way to the fun farmers market right in the center of the old town. Finish the tour with some suggestions from your guide of what else there is to do in Salzburg.
• Enjoy the baroque Mirabell Garden and a picturesque view
• Walk to the historic area and visit the Salzburger Dom, St. Peter’s Abbey and more
• Learn about Mozart’s Birthplace Museum and the Fortress Hohensalzburg
Why choose this tour:
For those who want to take their time exploring the city, this private walking tour offers an insider’s view of the city from an experienced local guide. You will know the best historic sites in the old town, have a good understanding of the history of Salzburg and learn about the true story of the van Trapp family (on request only). Your guide will show you how to spend your time in Salzburg just like a local.