This fun bike tour around Salzburg combines adventure and history all in one. Discover easily the historic city center and the surrounding areas!
The tour in short
• Tour time: daily at 10am or 2pm
• Entrance fee to the fortress and funicular are excluded
• Guide: One of our experienced guides is looking forward to meeting you
• Children: This tour is excellent for children 6 years or older
• Accessibility: This tour is limited wheelchair accessible. Please be aware that there are a large number of steps, staircases and inclines that can restrict accessibility.
• What to wear: Comfortable shoes! Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to make sure you are dressed properly.
- Private Group (Up to 10 People)
- Private Group (Up to 30 People)
The largest existing 11th century fortress complexes in Europe.
Walk on a SECRET staircase and other hidden treasures the rulers used for defense and feel history come alive right in front of your eyes. With your experienced guide you will take the funicular to the top of the Fortress Hohensalzburg.
A breathtaking view from the fortress overlooking the city and the alps immediately helps you to understand this powerful place. Built like a little village in the midst of Salzburg you will discover a bakery, a blacksmith, a church, a salt chamber and a prison tower on this tour. Find a SECRET staircase that leads to the private state rooms of the former prince archbishop. A hidden treasure who was discovered is on display and the ghost of an important archbishop tries to scare the visitors. Have fun listening to interesting facts and fun legends while walking around an over 900-year-old fortress.
• Best viewpoint overlooking Salzburg & the Alps
• Secret staircase, blacksmith and the private state room museum
• Ghost hunting and the history of the fortress
Why choose this tour:
Fun for the whole family: Find out if why the fortress is haunted! Don’t be scared! Just take a look behind doors to discover how the fortifications were built to protect the prince bishops and the principality itself from attack…. but watch out for a noisy “ghost”!