Join us and explore Vienna’s main attractions and important sites from a whole different perspective! This tour takes place from April until December every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 am.
Vienna Behind the Scenes
Uncover a side of Vienna known only to few!
The tour in short
Join us on a fascinating tour and uncover the hidden gems of Vienna. Our enthusiastic and entertaining tourist guide will show you a part of Vienna you never knew existed!
- Child (6-12)
In Vienna, beauty is visible almost anywhere you go. The true secrets and stories, however, can be found between the hidden lanes and passages of the city. In this tour, you will get to visit the quiet courtyards, romantic squares, and those passages you may have gone by many times but never knew were there! The tour also includes an exclusive visit underground, to see a part of the city known only to few.
- Freyung and the private palaces
- Schottenstift and Schottentor
- A secret visit underground
- Herrengasse and Cafe Central
And much much more!
Why this tour?
This tour is the perfect way to explore the real Vienna and its many secrets. Instead of walking always down the same main streets, you will get to see the alleyways and courtyards that even the locals don’t know. This tour is designed for both tourists and locals and can be a great activity for you with your family and friends.
- Tour time: Please check the schedule on the right side of the screen to see the tour’s availability.
- Duration: The tour lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Guide: One of our awesome guides is looking forward to meeting you.
- Children: This tour is excellent for children who love stories, secrets and history.
- Accessibility: This tour is unfortunately not entirely accessible due to the visit underground. Beside that, the rest of the tour is accessible.
- What to wear: Comfortable shoes! Also, always check the weather forecast in advance to make sure you are dressed properly.
Minimum number of participants: The tour takes place if at least 5 people are registered. In case there aren’t enough participants, the tour will get cancelled and a full refund will be issued to those who paid.
Cancellation policy: You can cancel your booking up to 48 hours in advance. No refund will be given to those who cancel less than 48 hours before the tour. Certain exceptions apply such as emergency situations. Please note, we reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 48 hours in advance too. We will do so if our guide is unavailable due to a sudden change or if we do not have the minimum number of participants required for the tour.
Pictures and videos: Please be aware that photos and videos may be taken during the tour. If you don’t want to appear in any Secret Vienna promotional pictures, please let us know by sending us a message.
Copyrights: The content of the tour is the result of the hard work done by our team of licensed guides. Recording the tour or taking pictures of artefacts and material used by the guide is strictly forbidden.
Do you have more questions?
Check our FAQ’s and find an answer to your question or send us your specific question via the form. Both the FAQ’s and the form you can find under the following link: