Top 10 Vienna things to do
There are numerous things one can do in Vienna, no matter the time of day nor the season. So, here’s a selection of top 10 (ten) things one can do in our beautiful city:
1. Drink a cup of Viennese coffee in a traditional coffee house: Let it be the Café Central, the Café Korb or the Café Hawelka, one simply has to soak up the atmosphere of a Viennese coffee house.
3. Walk past the Hofburg and enjoy the architecture: The Hofburg is the place where the Habsburgs (Austria’s once ruling noble family) once used to reside. Today you can visit the Sisi Museum here or the Spanische Hofreitschule.
5. Eat a Wiener Schnitzel: There are quite a few dishes Vienna is famous for, especially the Wiener Schnitzel. Most traditional Austrian restaurants will offer this on their menu, the most famous spot is Figlmüller.
6. Admire Vienna from the Riesenrad: The Riesenrad (ferris wheel) is one of our most famous landmarks. You’ll get a stunning view of Vienna from the top of the Riesenrad.
7. Visit Schönbrunn: If you are interested in the history of Austria’s monarchy, this palace is a must-visit. Those of you that want to experience history, should check out our partner Schönbrunn VR. History is brought to life thanks to the 360° perspective in 4k quality. Click here for more information.
8. Indulge in a Viennese dessert: Let it be the Sachertorte, Palatschinken (Viennese pancakes) or a Kaiserschmarrn, Vienna is famous for numerous desserts; desserts one should definitely try!
9. Explore the Naschmarkt: You may have heard of the Naschmarkt before. The Naschmarkt is a place where different cultures come together and perfectly blend together. Here you will stumble upon all kinds of foods you shouldn’t miss out on.
10. Join a Secret Vienna private tour: Join one of our tours to learn more about Vienna’s history, the secrets that are waiting to be uncovered and the hidden places one will barely notice on their own. Click here for more information